Tech: Gadgets That Should Be On Every Grip Truck

 Here are a couple cool gadgets that should be on every grip truck.


The first is a portable jump starter.  I keep one in the grip truck.  These have saved me, and helped other people, many times.  It's usually in my car when I'm not using the truck.  It's that handy.

The first time I saw one of these, I was skeptical.  I'm an electrician.  I know it takes a LOT of amps to start an engine but the high amperage is only needed for seconds.  These little batteries do it effortlessly.

The portable jump starter comes with a storage case
 

The best part of these portable jump starters is they are very safe.  They have circuitry to prevent short circuits and reversed polarity; both potentially dangerous.  (At least the one I have does.)

The second gadget is a portable air pump.

First time I saw one, a crew member was pumping up a flat tire with one of these.  I was skeptical that it could pump up a flat automobile tire.  The little air pump did it with no problem, but of course, it is a bit slow.

I keep one on the grip truck.  I use it mostly for filling cart tires.  Every grip and set electrician will tell you, the worst is getting a heavy cart with a flat or low tire.  It's surprisingly difficult to push.

 

The electronics controls on these portable air pumps make using it super easy.  It shows you the current air pressure.  You set the desired air pressure and turn it on.  The pump will automatically shutoff when the set air pressure is reached.

The best part of my portable air pump is the small footprint.  It is easy to keep on the truck.

 

PS:  I'm not endorsing any particular brand.  As long as you stick with a name brand with good reviews, you should be good.  The gadgets in this post just happen to be the ones I bought.  They have worked well for me with no issues.