It's Good To Be The Gaffer Sometimes

It's good to be the gaffer sometimes, especially when you have lighting gear around.

If it is cold outside, my gas grill will not start.  I'm guessing it has something to do with gas regulator or maybe less than normal gas pressure.

I had the idea to warm it up with a mole par.  After about 5 minutes with the light warming the tank and regulator, the grill started right away.

That is how I start the grill in the winter now.


 


PS:  When I'm doing home improvement projects around the house, I have the best (and most expensive) work lights ever!

 

PPS:  I love tungsten lighting but they are energy inefficient.  About half the energy is emitted as infra-red light; heat.

Science Friday; Tungsten Lights:

https://electricgrip.blogspot.com/2021/01/science-friday-tungsten-lights.html