The Shipping Hall of Shame

I started a new page on my blog;  The Shipping Hall of Shame

You can find it listed on the right side of my main Blogger page under "Pages" or use this link:

https://electricgrip.blogspot.com/p/shipping-hall-of-shame.html

I have many stories to add.

 

Mishandling of packages is my biggest complaint about all the shipping services, but recently UPS seems to be the worst.  It is a big problem that seems to be only getting worse and the shipping companies don't seem to care.

It is getting to be, They'll break a bowling ball if they don't lose it first.

I recently (July 2022) was having 2-hi-hi stands delivered by UPS.  If you are in the business, you know these are big, heavy stands weighing in at almost 40 pounds each.

Well, the day they were supposed to arrive, they did not.

The next day I was home when the UPS truck parked outside my home.  I went outside to help because these are large and heavy.  The delivery man only had one box.  He didn't know why the 2nd box wasn't there.  He said it would probably arrive the next day.

Here are pictures of the box as it was delivered my front door:

 
 


The box is absolutely battered with one end of the box completely torn open.  I love the irony of the "Please Handle With Care Fragile Thank You" stickers all over the box.

Fortunately the only damage to the stand was one of the aluminum braces for the legs was bent.  I removed it, straightened it, and put it back on.  Not a big deal, but it is super annoying for a new expensive stand.

 

PS:  The 2nd stand finally arrived a few days later.  The box was similarly damaged.

 

PPS:  Hat's off to Matthews Studio Equipment.  These are some well-made stands!