The LED Revolution

Prepping for a job, I noticed this one cart of LED lights.  It shows how LEDs have revolutionized lighting.

There are a lot of footcandles on this cart, mostly Aputures; 2-600s, 3-300s, and 2-60s with an Astra 6X.  Throw in the accessories like softboxes, lanterns, spotlight lenses, and fresnels, and there are an amazing number of lighting possibilities here.

Using this gear: I can quickly and creatively light; using less power than traditionally required; and I have wireless control of the lights.

It is a revolution in lighting.

 

 

PS:  Other interesting things about the package for this shoot:

It was almost entirely LED.  I also had Quasar tubes, Astera tubes, Astera pars, a SpaceX and a Astra.

I had no tungsten lights other than a couple paper lanterns.

I had only 1 HMI, a 4K par.  LEDs haven't replaced the larger HMIs . . . yet.



PPS:  LED lighting;  the "sunlight" coming in this door is a 600D with a fresnel lens.  I was pleasantly surprised how realistic it looked.  Outside it was dark and gloomy with heavy overcast.

 


I guess the diverging lines are a give-away that there is a light out there and not the sun, but it is subtle.