Covid-19: Week Whatever; Whatever Day It Is; Good News; Bad News

Another Covid-19 week is over.  The good news is no one I know has gotten sick.  The bad new is I'm still out-of-work with no real prospects of work in the immediate future.

The possibility of movie work this year is looking grim.

There was a lottery commercial shot in town this week.  I didn't get called to work on it.  That left me depressed for a couple days.

Last year, I was working on political commercials for a senate race.  The jobs went great.  The commercials looks great; got national attention.  Inexplicably, the production company stopped calling me this year.  It's a different coordinator and DP.  The commercials do not look as good.

It's tough being self-employed.  Anytime you don't get a job it is hard not to take it personally.

I had another job this week.  It would have been my first commercial since the 1st week of March.  It canceled.  In part, it was because of the protest.  Again, depressing for me.

Just finished watching The Watchmen series.  Astonishingly awesome.  I can't say enough good things about it.

Though the show is science fiction, its world mirrors the real; racial violence, police in masks, and a world gone crazy.  I'm haunted that our reality is as bad as this fictional world.

I read one reason there will be no more Watchmen series, is the man behind it found it too emotionally difficult.  I don't know it that is true.  After watching the show, I can believe it could be.  

I read an interesting good news and bad news today that affects my work.  The helium shortage is over for now.  According to the story, supplies are good.  The bad news is prices are very high and don't seem to be coming down.  That's going to continue make it difficult to get a balloon light approved for a job.


What the heck, it's better to fill them with air and rig them to a condor anyway.