Covid-19 Layoff Week 8--Friday Waller!


Friday Waller, it's time for "Spring Cleaning":

 "Spring Cleaning" by Fats Waller And His Rhythm from 1937


I can't believe we are finishing week 8 of this Covid-19 layoff.

I've been doing okay.  I struggle some days feeling depressed and sorry for myself.  It's a human thing that I expect most everyone is struggling with right now.

The good news is everyone I know is well.  We have enough money to pay our bills and keep food on the table.  I know it is not that way for many people.  This is a very hard time for many people struggling to pay their bills and even keep food on the table.

I was getting dressed the other day and noticed I've gained some weight.  I have been trying to stay in shape, but I need to do better.  I am not in "fighting shape" ready to work a hard movie.

Usually, I lift weights once a week, but haven't been able to since the gyms closed.  I have lost all my upper body strength.  I recently got some resistant bands for doing weight lifting, but so far haven't been motivated enough to regularly use them.

I have kept up with running.  I'm up to 6 mile 2-3 times a week.  That's much further than I would usually go.  It is becasue it is about my only exercise right now.

I'll also ride my bike, but the weather has been unusually wet and cool here in Kentucky.  I heard that last month, April, it rained over 20 days.  So far May has been as wet.

Everyone is hoping that work starts up again in June.  I'm hoping to get a few jobs then, and hopefully a movie or two later in the year.  We'll see.

In the mean time, stay well!