Thanks But No Thanks eBay!


I was recently window-shopping vintage stereos on eBay.  I would love to have an old vintage '70s stereo.  Here is a great looking Marantz stereo I was looking at. 


It has been refurbished.  I bet it sounds great, but now is not a good time to buy with me being out-of-work because of Covid-19.

The next day, I get an email from eBay informing me that they found a better deal on a Marantz stereo.  I could get a $749.99 Marantz for only $29.99 for a savings of $720.00!

I had to open the eBay link to see how a vintage stereo could be so cheap:

It is for a Marantz stereo knobFunny.

Thanks eBay, but I’m going to pass on this offer. 




PS:  If you are ever in the market for old consumer electronics like this, keep in mind that some components, particularly the capacitors, sometimes fail with age.  It may be worth spending the extra money to get a unit that has be refurbished.  Generally, they replace the old capacitors, clean the pots, etc., and often have a warranty.