Covid-19 Layoff Week 3



Well, I can't believe Week 3 of the Covid-19 crisis is over.  It went fast.  I would like to say I got a lot done this week, but I didn't.  If I don't have some deadline, or some reason to get things done, I start procrastinating.  It is hard for me to stay focused.

I recently read an article about procrastinating.  It had fascinating insights into human nature.  One way we procrastinate is deciding that we will do it later.  Future me will take care of it.  What happens is we get to future me and discover that future me hasn't taken care of it.  Future me left it for me!

A better way to get things done is to do it now or make specific plans for when you will do it.  I'll have future me start doing that . . .

If you told me 3 weeks ago that there would still be no end in sight for the Covid-19 crisis, I wouldn't have believed it.  Now I am accepting the reality that this crisis will be going on for at least a couple more months.

Technology is amazing:  Google has a site where you can see graphically how your community is doing during the Covid-19 crisis.  The results are not surprising, less people at work, more people at home, etc., but it is interesting: