Covid-19 Layoff Week 2: The Future That Was


Well, I've made it through Covid-19 Layoff Week 2.  Like everyone, I don't have any choice.  The good news is no one I know has gotten sick.

There is one close call; my sister has a co-worker sick.  They don't know if he has Covid-19 because there is very little testing.  It sounds like he has it.  To my dismay, my sister said no one this person works with is in quarantine.  Her boss said it wasn't necessary.

There is a story in USA Today about how our government, the FDA, and the CDC bungled testing for weeks that could have dramatically limited this outbreak.  It was massive testing in South Korea that enabled them to prevent a pandemic and keep the outbreak under control.

A USA Today investigation:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2020/03/27/coronavirus-test-officials-botched-rollout-derailed-containment/5080781002/

It could have been not so bad, the future that was.


 Update April 11, 2020:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/11/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-response.html