Online Jazz Music

If you know anything about me, you know I love listening to music.

When no one is around, I almost always have the stereo going.  Most nights when I go to bed, I fall asleep listening to music with headphones on.

My favorite music, like most everyone, is the music I grew up with; classic rock like Led Zeppelin and Fleetwood Mac.  I adore the great progressive bands like Yes, and Emerson, Lake, and Palmer.

My listening goes far beyond classic rock:  I love listening to new bands on college radio; one of my favorite on-line radio stations is CBC Radio 3 from Canada playing indie rock-n-roll; I love classical music; I love bluegrass; and then there is jazz.

I didn’t start listening to jazz until I was an adult.  Gradually, I became a big fan.  I enjoy most everything from the 1930s to new music, but my absolute favorite is jazz from the 1950s into the early 1960s.



If you are a fan of classic jazz, I recommend listening to the online radio station Jazz Con Class.  Directed by José Reyes, he plays a vast library of music that never seems to not surprise me with something I have never heard before.  It is a great station and best of all, it is commercial free.  The station is a work of love:



PS:  There is an excellent Jazz Con Class app for iPhones, too.