Astera AX5


 



My newest lights are the Astera AX5s.  These have all the features of the AX1 tubes, except it is a par.

Astera AX5 Triple Par
As you see in the picture, they come with a built-in ground stand.  A TVMP can be easily attached for using them on a stand.  They can also stand-alone on the ground without any stand. 

I think these will be great to keep on set at all times, just like the Astera AX1 tubes; perfect for last minute lighting changes.

PS:  Like all my Astera gear, these lights are from Astera LED Sales: https://asteraledsales.com 

Their sales, service, and repair has been great.


PPS:  Astera's new Titan tubes are getting a lot of interest.  When I first heard about the new tubes, my plan was to sell my AX1 tubes and upgrade to Titan tubes.

I have decided not to upgrade to Titan tubes at this time becasue there is not that much advantage to them.  The biggest difference is the Titan tubes can be twice as bright for a limited amount of time; 2 hours (unless they are hard wired to AC).  Also they cost more than twice what a AX1 cost.

Another feature of the Titan tubes is they can be hard wired to DMX, but the wireless feature is the biggest reason Astera tubes are so popular in the first place.

I have worked with the Titan tubes since.  It has reinforced my decision not to get Titan tubes at this time.

My plan for now is to add  more AX1s and likely add more AX5s in the near future.

 

 

Update January 2021:  I changed my mind last year, sold my AX1s, and purchased Titan tubes.  Like I talked above, there are not huge difference between the two.  The main reason I upgraded was my AX1s were getting old and starting to show their age.  The Titan tubes are great.

Last year I also added more AX5s.  They're great.